Charles de Wet
Charles de Wet is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Tax practice. He specialises in value-added tax (“VAT”).
He has nearly three decades’ experience in advising local and international clients across multiple industries, including financial services companies, higher education and universities, as well as public benefit organisations.
Charles was part of the team at the South African Revenue Service that implemented VAT in South Africa in 1991
Charles is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023, 2022, 2021 – Tax (South Africa)
- World Tax Review – Indirect Tax 2024, 2023 (South Africa)
area of expertiseTAX
- BAcc (Stellenbosch University)
- BCompt CTA (Honours) (University of South Africa)
- BComm in Tax (Honours) (University of Cape Town)
- CA (SA)