Matthew is an associate at ENSafrica. He specializes in banking and finance, capital markets and securities law, financial services and investment management, project finance and infrastructure, energy environmental and regulatory law.
Matthew’s experience includes advising clients on a wide range of corporate matters including conducting due diligence, advising and preparing documentation for loan financing agreements, drafting and reviewing various commercial agreements, advising on syndicated lending, debt and equity capital markets, structured finance, project finance and assisting clients with business establishment and regulatory compliance in Kenya. He has acted for a variety of clients including multilateral institutions, international and local banks and development finance institutions.
Matthew is the Co-Convenor of the Law Society of Kenya – Nairobi Commercial Practice Committee which addresses commercial practice matters of members of the Law Society of Kenya – Nairobi. He is also a Member of the Companies Liaison Committee of the Law Society of Kenya – Nairobi
Matthew is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The African Legal Awards 2020 – Private Practice Most Promising Newcomer Award
- The Law Society of Kenya - Nairobi Legal Awards – 2020, 2019 Young Lawyer of the Year (1st runner up)
- Law Society of Kenya
- East Africa Law Society
- LLB (Hons) (Catholic University of Eastern Africa)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Kenya School of Law)
- Master of Business Administration – Strategic Management (United States International University – Africa)
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya