Nkatha Murungi Omondi
Nkatha Murungi Omondi is a partner at ENSafrica | Kenya, specialising in projects, energy, banking and finance and climate change.
Her client portfolio includes project developers/sponsors, multilateral institutions, international and local banks, and development finance institutions.
She has over 12 years’ post qualification experience.
Nkatha’s expertise includes:
- Advice on project structuring
- Public procurement
- Public private partnerships
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating project agreements and financing agreements
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating government support measures and credit enhancement mechanisms
- Reviewing/issuing project or finance related lender or borrower legal opinions
- Implementing and perfecting finance security packages in Kenya
- Finance and project related legal, regulatory and compliance advice
- Business establishment in Kenya
- Syndicated lending, debt capital markets, structure finance, trade and commodity financing
- Due diligence
- General regulatory compliance
Nkatha is a member of the Kenya Law Society, the East African Law Society, the International Bar Association and Rotary International.
Nkatha is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023, 2022 - Banking and Finance “Next Generation Partner“
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023 - Privatisation and Projects (Kenya) “Recommended/Key Lawyer”
- LLB (Honours) (University of Nairobi)
- LLM (Merit) International Economic Law (University of Warwick)
- M.A, International Studies (University of Nairobi)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Kenya School of Law)
- Public Private Partnerships Executive Programme (Strathmore Business School)
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public