Mahesh Acharya is a Partner at ENSafrica. He specialises in M&A, private equity, complex cross-border re-organisations, TMT, and FinTech.
He has acted for clients in a variety of industries including Insurance, TMT, Hospitality and Private Equity.
Mahesh’s experience includes advising clients on a wide range of corporate/commercial matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions, internal re-organisations, share and asset sales, joint venture arrangements and capital markets. He is also the ‘go-to’ lawyer in Kenya on Fintech matters and an expert in complex cross border re-organisations.
Mahesh is an Advisory Council member for the Innovative Law Club Africa (ILCA). As an Advisory Council member, Mahesh provides strategic guidance to the ILCA, engineering partnerships, and collaborating on special projects.
Mahesh is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 - Highly Regarded (Kenya)
- Chambers Fintech Guide 2022, 2021, 2020 – Band 1 Fintech Legal (Kenya)
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 – Corporate/M&A (Kenya); 2022, 2021 – Fintech (Kenya)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2019 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A - Recommended / Key Lawyer; 2022 – Banking and Finance – Recommended / Key Lawyer (Kenya)
- BA, LLB
- WIPO IP Certifications
- Certified Patent Agent, Kenya Industrial Property Institute
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales – International Division
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya