mobile +254 721 454 173
Mahesh Acharya is a Partner at ENSafrica l Kenya (NBMA Advocates LLP). Mahesh’s experience includes advising clients on a wide range of corporate/commercial matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions, internal re-organisations, joint venture arrangements, capital markets, privatisations, insurance and data privacy. He is also the ‘go-to’ lawyer in Kenya on complex FinTech matters.
He has acted for clients in a variety of industries including financial services, technology, media and telecommunications, hospitality, manufacturing, education, health and private equity.
Mahesh is an Advisory council member for the Innovative law club Africa. As an Advisory council member, Mahesh provides strategic guidance to the Innovative law club Africa, engineering partnerships, and collaborating on special projects. He also sits on the boards of various regulated businesses.
He is also member of the Law Society of England & Wales – International Division.
Mahesh is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide; M&A – 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 (Kenya)
- Chambers Fintech Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 – Fintech Legal (Kenya)
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 – Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Capital Markets, Electronic Payments and E-Money, International & Cross-border Transactions and Private Equity (Kenya)
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa 2022, 2019 – Commercial, Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions (Kenya)
- BA (University of Nagpur)
- LLB (University of Nagpur)
- WIPO IP Certifications
- Certified Patent Agent, Kenya Industrial Property Institute
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public
- Member of the Law Society of England & Wales – International Division
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya