Amar Grewal-Thethy is a Partner at ENSafrica l Kenya. He specialises in banking, insurance, capital markets, joint ventures, M&A, private equity, insolvency and competition/anti-trust.
He has acted for clients in a variety of industries including banking, insurance, energy and private equity. He has also acted as the IBA Antitrust Country Rapporteur and contributor of the Kenya chapter in the Antitrust Newsletter of the International Bar Association (Legal Practice Division). Amar was ranked as one of Kenya’s top 40 under 40 men (8th position) by the Nation Media Group in 2015.
Amar’s experience includes advising clients on corporate and financial matters. He has been extensively involved in capital markets, cross-border M&A, corporate restructurings and joint ventures. Amar also advises on various aspects of competition and telecommunications law, public listed companies, commercial and trade agreements and general regulatory compliance.
Amar is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 – Corporate M&A (Kenya)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023, 2022, 2021, 2019 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A; 2022 - Privatisation and Projects (Kenya)
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide; Capital Markets, Banking, Private Equity, M&A - 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 (Kenya)
- LLB (Honours) (Reading University, England)
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Notary Public