mobile +27 81 482 3447
Hugo Biermann is a Senior Associate in ENSafrica’s Intellectual Property (“IP”) department. He specialises in patents, registered designs, and commercial IP matters.
He has acted for clients in a variety of industries, including the IT, fintech, telecommunications, robotics, security, mining, manufacturing, transport and construction industries. He has also worked with a number of universities, research institutions and development agencies.
Hugo’s experience includes conducting searches on, drafting, filing and prosecuting patent and design applications, locally and internationally, particularly in the fields of software-related technology, financial systems, telecommunications, mechanical and electromechanical devices and systems.
In addition, Hugo has expertise in providing novelty, infringement and validity opinions in respect of patents and designs.
Hugo is a member of the following IP associations:
- SAIIPL – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (fellow)
- LES – Licensing Executives Society (member)
area of expertiseINTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP)
- BEng (Industrial) (cum laude) (Stellenbosch University)
- LLB (cum laude) (University of South Africa)
- Registered patent attorney
- Certified patent valuation analyst
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa