Nonhlanhla Sibiya is a Consultant in ENSafrica's Tax department. She has acted for clients in a variety of industries including mining, telecommunications, hospitality, entertainment and tourism, media, broadcasting, advertising and marketing, engineering, academia, information technology, private equity and construction.
Nonhlanhla’s practical experience includes:
- drafting tax opinions, concept papers, motivations against understatement penalties, SARS response letters on a on a variety of corporate tax issues;
- conducting tax due diligence work; tax structuring assistance; reviewing and commenting on legal agreements and tax implementation assistance;
- Applying for SARS Binding Private Rulings, Voluntary Disclosure Programme applications, Public Benefit Organisation applications and Research & Development applications;
- conducting business research, writing tax articles, assisting tax technical, organising and attending corporate tax events; preparing tax returns, tax calculations and the audit of tax;
- advising on broad-based black economic empowerment transactions, preparing project proposals and project management; and
- lecturing on corporate tax topics.
area of expertiseTAX
- MCom in SA & International Tax - University of Johannesburg
- BCom Honours in Accounting (Taxation) - University of Johannesburg
- BCom Accounting - University of Johannesburg
- Mining Tax Law (postgraduate certificate) - University of the Witwatersrand
- Member of the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (Master Tax Practitioner (SA)™)