mobile +27 82 301 8171
Sasha Singh is an Executive at ENSafrica’s Project Development and Project Finance practice. He specialises in energy (including oil and gas), infrastructure development as well as public private partnerships.
Sasha’s general practice experience includes advising on a variety of energy and infrastructure related projects, with a specific focus on the corporate and commercial aspects, project development and the regulatory environment (including electricity, petroleum and gas legislation).
Sasha also has extensive experience in corporate structuring of projects, equity funding and capital raisings and secondary market acquisitions of projects.
Sasha has guest lectured the energy module of the LLM degree at the University of the Witwatersrand and is also an instructor at the Black Lawyers Association where he regularly lectures on public private partnerships.
Sasha is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide; (including Energy and Infrastructure), Project development, Project finance – 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015 (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020 – Projects and Infrastructure (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 – Project Finance and Development (South Africa)
- International Finance Law Review 1000 / Petroleum Economist: Energy and Infrastructure Guide 2014 – Mergers and Acquisitions, Project Development, Oil and Gas, Mining, Power, Social Infrastructure and Utilities (South Africa).
area of expertisePROJECT DEVELOPMENT AND PROJECT FINANCE
- LLB (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- Certificate in Advanced Company Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa