mobile +27 83 408 6751
Rob Scott is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Dispute Resolution department.
He is a commercial litigator and alternative dispute resolution practitioner with substantial experience in insurance, general commercial, construction including construction insurance and mining disputes (the latter in both national and cross-border contexts).
Rob has 30 years of experience, has worked in the insurance industry, is experienced in the application of both the common and civil laws, and is admitted to practice in both South Africa and the Seychelles.
He has been involved a number of high profile cases in the fields of auditors liability, tendering and administrative justice and defamation. He has a depth of expertise in construction insurance claims and he acts for a large segment of the construction bond market, in relation to both national and cross-border securities.
Rob heads up the firm’s insurance practice group.
He is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Attorney-at-Law of the Supreme Court of Seychelles
- Fellow of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (FIISA)
- Accredited Commercial Mediator and member of the President’s Panel of Mediators of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Member of the RICS Adjudication Training Facility Team for the Diploma in Adjudication in the South African Construction Industry
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Insurers (CII)
- Member of the South African Association of Engineering Insurers (SAAEI)
- Member of the Society for Construction Law (South Africa)
- BA LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII) (Chartered Institute of Insurers)
- Diploma in Marine Insurance (Practical Maritime Studies)
- Diploma in Human Rights (University of Johannesburg)