mobile +27 83 408 6751
Rob Scott is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Dispute Resolution department. He heads up the firm’s Insurance Practice group and is a Fellow of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (FIISA).
He is a commercial litigator and alternative dispute resolution practitioner with substantial experience in insurance, general commercial, construction including construction insurance and mining disputes (the latter in both national and cross-border contexts).
Rob has over 30 years of experience, has worked in the insurance industry, is experienced in the application of both the common and civil laws, and is admitted to practice in both South Africa and the Seychelles.
He has been involved a number of high profile cases in the fields of auditors liability, tendering and administrative justice and defamation. He has experience and expertise in all classes of short-term insurance and reinsurance business, and in particular assets, business interruption, construction and engineering, directors and officers liability, general liability, financial lines, guarantees and professional indemnity business.
Rob regularly gives CPD presentations through the Insurance Institute of South Africa.
His current focus is on growing the firm’s Africa-wide ENSurance practice group.
He is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Attorney-at-Law of the Supreme Court of Seychelles
- Fellow of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (FIISA)
- Accredited Commercial Mediator and member of the President’s Panel of Mediators of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Member of the RICS Adjudication Training Facility Team for the Diploma in Adjudication in the South African Construction Industry
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Insurers (CII)
- Member of the South African Association of Engineering Insurers (SAAEI)
- Member of the Society for Construction Law (South Africa)
- BA LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII) (Chartered Institute of Insurers)
- Diploma in Marine Insurance (Practical Maritime Studies)
- Diploma in Human Rights (University of Johannesburg)
- Course Certificate in Construction Project Management (University of Columbia in the City of New York)