mobile +27 83 408 6751
Rob Scott is an Executive in ENSafrica’ Dispute Resolution Practice, with a depth of both expertise and experience in Insurance and Construction. He heads up the firm’s Insurance Practice Group and is a Fellow of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (FIISA).
He is a commercial litigator and alternative dispute resolution practitioner with 33 years of experience, has worked in the insurance industry, is experienced in the application of both the common and civil laws, and is admitted to practice in both South Africa and the Seychelles.
Rob acts for insurers, reinsurers and insureds, across all lines of the insurance business, including: assets all risks and business interruption; financial lines covers inclusive of directors and officers liability and commercial crime; professional indemnity; cyber; riot, strike and political violence; goods in transit, marine and on-demand insurance guarantees. He also advises in relation to cell-captive structures.
He has been involved a number of high profile cases in the fields of auditors liability, tendering and administrative justice and defamation.
He is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2021, 2020, 2019 – Construction (South Africa) 2022, 2021, 2020- Insurance (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020, 2018 – Construction (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 - Litigation (South Africa)
- Acritas Stars Independently Rated Lawyer 2018 and 2019
What they say
“His experience in insurance and litigation, and the excellent quality of service. He takes time to understand the industry not only from a legal perspective, but from a commercial perspective as well”
Acritas Stars 2018
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Attorney-at-Law of the Supreme Court of Seychelles
- Fellow of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (FIISA)
- Accredited Commercial Mediator and member of the President’s Panel of Mediators of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Member of the RICS Adjudication Training Facility Team for the Diploma in Adjudication in the South African Construction Industry
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Insurers (CII)
- Member of the South African Association of Engineering Insurers (SAAEI)
- Member of the Society for Construction Law (South Africa)
- BA LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Diploma in Insurance (Dip CII) (Chartered Institute of Insurers)
- Diploma in Marine Insurance (Practical Maritime Studies)
- Diploma in Human Rights (University of Johannesburg)
- Course Certificate in Construction Project Management (University of Columbia in the City of New York)