mobile +230 5729 9990
Thierry Koenig is head of ENSafrica in Mauritius. He is a director who specialises in corporate M&A, project finance and banking, as well as corporate and commercial litigation and arbitration.
Thierry is the standing legal adviser to numerous large Mauritian conglomerates, including the largest insurance company and commercial bank. He has led numerous project finance matters in Mauritius, as well as in the Indian Ocean region. In addition, he has acted in several high-profile cases of national importance and numerous large commercial, civil and constitutional cases before the Supreme Court of Mauritius. Further, he has been involved in over a dozen appeals before the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council.
Thierry launched, and is actively involved in, the Mauritian fiduciary practice in the financial services sector, as well as the Mauritian intellectual property practice and the Mauritian insolvency practice. In addition, he was on the panel of consultants for the country’s 2009 Insolvency legislation and has been on the consultant panels for the Takeover Regulations and the International Arbitration Regulations.
Thierry was made Senior Attorney on June 2010, being the youngest attorney to have been elevated as an “SA”.
He is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded (Mauritius)
- Chambers Global Guide 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – General Business Law; Dispute Resolution (Mauritius)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017, 2016 – Legal Market Overview (Mauritius)
- Director on numerous boards of directors
- Appointed by the Chief Justice on the Supreme Court Rules Committee
- Appointed by the Chief Justice Council for Vocational Legal Education.
- First president of the LCIA-MIAC Users’ Council
- Senior Attorney (Maitrise en Droit)