mobile +27 82 787 9934
Suemeya Hanif is an Executive at ENSafrica in the employment practice. Her experience includes advising and representing clients in respect of disputes involving unfair dismissals, unfair labour practice, collective bargaining, mutual interest and unfair discrimination. She has also advised and assisted clients with disciplinary proceedings, including drafting charge sheets and disciplinary codes and policies in the workplace.
She specialises in drafting employment contracts, recognition agreements, independent contractor agreements and section 37(2) Health and Safety contracts, as well as applications such as reviews, rescissions, condonation, urgent and interlocutory applications. Suemeya has experience with POPIA and has assisted numerous clients with POPIA related issues.
Suemeya has appeared at the CCMA, various Bargaining Councils and the Labour Court.
She has contributed many articles for Business Law and Tax Review.
Suemeya has also acted as a Judge in the Labour Court.
area of expertiseEMPLOYMENT
- LLB (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- Advanced Company Law I Postgraduate Certifcate (University of Witwatersrand)
- Advanced Company Law II Postgraduate Certifcate (University of Witwatersrand)
- Cyber Law Postgraduate Certifcate (University of Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa