Stephen von Schirnding
mobile +27 82 708 0106
Stephen von Schirnding is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Banking and Finance department. He specialises in debt capital markets (including securitisation), general debt finance, private equity, as well as banking and securities law.
Stephen’s experience includes advising arrangers, issuers and investors on DMTN, securitisation and other asset-backed note structures, including all the major South African banks, the National Treasury, parastatals and listed and unlisted companies, both on and off shore.
Stephen is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded (South Africa)
- Chambers Global Guide 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Capital Markets: Debt (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 Guide to Outstanding Lawyers 2016 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019, 2018 – Banking and Finance; 2020 - Structured Finance; 2020, 2017, 2016 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
area of expertiseBANKING AND FINANCE
- BA (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- LLM (University of Johannesburg)
- Diploma in Advanced Banking (University of Johannesburg)
- Admitted as an attorney and notary public of the High Court of South Africa