mobile +27 82 904 4433
Sean Lederman is an Executive at ENSafrica in the firm's Banking and Finance practice.
Sean specialises in all forms of debt finance transactions, including leverage finance, private equity transcations and asset finance.
His rankings reflect his position as one of the leading finance lawyers in South Africa.
Sean’s areas of deep specialisation include aircraft finance and he is recognised as the foremost lawyer for aircraft financing transactions in South Africa. Sean has advised on the majority of the large transactions (including operating lease and export credit finance transactions) that have occurred in this area in South Africa over the past three decades.
Sean is also particularly known for his work on leveraged finance transactions, including in the private equity space. Sean acts for both lenders and borrowers and his clients include local and foreign banks, corporate borrowers, private equity houses, operating lessors, airlines and foreign law firms.
Sean is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020, 2018 – Hall of Fame for Banking and Finance; 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Banking and Finance; Shipping and Transport; 2016, 2015 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide; Banking, Capital markets : Debt – 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 (South Africa)
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Aviation, Banking and Finance; 2022, 2016, 2015 – Banking Law (South Africa) and Aviation Lawyer of the Year in 2020 - Aviation Law (South Africa) Lawyer of the Year in 2022
- Who’s Who Legal 2019, 2018 – Aviation; 2019, 2016 – Aviation Finance (South Africa); 2015 – Aviation, Banking, Transport (South Africa)
- Euromoney’s Aviation Expert Guide 2016, 2015 (South Africa)
- Corporate Livewire Global Awards 2016 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
- BProc (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa