mobile +27 82 561 1509
Sanjay Kassen is an executive in ENSafrica’s corporate commercial department, specialising in M&A, equity capital markets (“ECM”) and broad-based black economic empowerment (“B-BBEE”).
He advises a diverse range of listed and unlisted companies in local and international markets. Sanjay heads the firm’s ECM practice group and its B-BBEE practice group and jointly heads its India practice group.
Sanjay’s experience includes advising clients on cross-border/multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions, securities dealings, initial public offerings, Johannesburg Stock Exchange listings (primary and secondary), domestic and international capital raisings, and B-BBEE structuring and advisory.
Sanjay sits on the board of various companies and is also a trustee of various B-BBEE trusts for large listed groups in South Africa.
Sanjay is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2018 –Capital Markets: Equity (South Africa)
- Client Choice Awards 2017 – General Corporate (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2019 – Capital Markets (South Africa)
- BA (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa