mobile +27 82 561 1509
Sanjay Kassen is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Corporate Commercial department, specialising in M&A, equity capital markets (“ECM”) and broad-based black economic empowerment (“BBBEE”).
He advises a diverse range of listed and unlisted companies in local and international markets. Sanjay heads the firm’s ECM practice group and its BBBEE practice group and jointly heads its India practice group.
Sanjay’s experience includes advising clients on cross-border/multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions, securities dealings, initial public offerings, Johannesburg Stock Exchange listings (primary and secondary), domestic and international capital raisings, and BBBEE structuring and advisory.
Sanjay sits on the board of various companies and is also a trustee of various BBBEE trusts for large listed groups in South Africa.
Sanjay is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2020, 2019, 2018 –Capital Markets: Equity (South Africa)
- Client Choice Awards 2019, 2017 – General Corporate (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019 – Capital Markets (South Africa)
- BA (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa