mobile +27 83 440 3170
Rowan Forster is an executive in ENSafrica’s intellectual property (“IP”) department. He specialises in the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent and design applications, both locally and internationally.
In addition, Rowan specialises in trade mark filing and prosecution in various jurisdictions, as well as IP litigation. Although he has a background in chemistry, Rowan has experience in a range of technologies.
He has represented various clients in, among others, the IT, agrochemicals, security and jewellery manufacturing industries, in various IP-related matters.
Rowan is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017 – Intellectual Property (South Africa)
- Managing IP: IP Stars Handbook 2018, 2016 – Patents (South Africa)
- IAM Patent 1000 2016 – Prosecution (South Africa)
Rowan is a member of the following IP associations:
- LES – Licensing Executives Society
- INTA – International Trade Marks Association
- AIPPI – International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- SAIIPL – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (fellow)
- PTMG – The Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group
- BSc (Hons) in Chemistry and Applied Chemistry (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- BProc (University of South Africa)
- Registered patent attorney
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa