mobile +27 83 680 2071
Ross Alcock is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Employment Law department, where he specialises in integrated employment solutions and global mobility.
He has acted for private and public sector clients with regard to executive issues in the workplace including drafting executive agreements (with a focus on, inter alia, restraints of trade (restrictive covenants), share incentives, performance bonus structures, protection of personal information as well as intellectual property and copyright protections). He has also handled senior executive exits by way of negotiation or formal disciplinary or performance enquiries.
Ross’ experience includes drafting and enforcing/defending restraint of trade in the High Court and Labour Court providing advice with regard to the employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, providing advice with regard to insolvency, as well as in respect of outsourcing and secondary outsourcing scenarios. He has extensive experience providing advice in respect of large scale/small scale restructuring exercises (retrenchments) and drafting opinions on all facets of employment law, as well as all employment related litigation and due diligence and employment law compliance audits.
Ross is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Employment (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017, 2016 – Labour and Employment; 2019 - Emplyment (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2019, 2016 – Labour and Employment (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019-2017 – Employee Benefits, 2020, 2019-2011 – Labour and Employment (South Africa)
Ross has also sat as an Acting Judge of the Labour Court of South Africa.
area of expertiseEMPLOYMENT
- BProc (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of South Africa)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa