Robert Gad is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Tax practice. His team covers corporate tax, indirect tax, mergers and acquisitions, employment taxation, private client matters and tax disputes.
He is chair of the South African Law Society's Committee on Exchange Control and Tax Matters.
Robert is a member of a dedicated ENSafrica team specialising in the commercial, financial, legal, tax and regulatory aspects relevant to employee and management remuneration, benefits and incentives. This team services blue chip South African corporates in the listed and unlisted space, designing and implementing incentive plans to achieve their desired commercial outcomes. The team also advises numerous international specialised services and law firms on an ad hoc and annual basis in relation to their multinational clients operating incentive plans across the African continent.
Robert is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Tax Law (South Africa), 2023, 2022 – Corporate Law (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2016 – Corporate Tax: Controversy (South Africa)
- World Tax Review – Indirect Tax 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021, 2019 (South Africa)
- BA (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- LLM (University of Cape Town)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tax (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa