mobile +27 82 567 9082
Robert Gad is an Executive in ENSafrica’s tax practice and specialises in corporate tax, share incentive schemes, mergers and acquisitions, private client matters, value-added tax (“VAT”) and tax litigation.
Robert is an expert in advising corporates and B-BBEE shareholders on the tax-efficient structuring, re-structuring, financing and refinancing of broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE) investment and ownership transactions, including loans, equity, preference share funding and notional vendor financing arrangements.
He is chairman of the South African Law Society's Committee on Exchange Control and Tax Matters.
Robert is a member of a dedicated ENSafrica team specialising in the commercial, financial, legal, tax and regulatory aspects relevant to employee and management remuneration, benefits and incentives. This team services blue chip South African corporates in the listed and unlisted space, designing and implementing incentive plans to achieve their desired commercial outcomes. The team also advises numerous international specialised services and law firms on an ad hoc and annual basis in relation to their multinational clients operating incentive plans across the African continent.
Robert is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Tax (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Tax (South Africa); 2023, 2022 – Corporate Law (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2019, 2016 – Corporate Tax: Controversy (South Africa)
- World Tax Review – Indirect Tax 2023, 2022, 2021, 2019 (South Africa)
area of expertiseBROAD-BASED BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT (B-BBEE) TAX
- BA (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- LLM (University of Cape Town)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tax (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa