mobile +27 83 529 3639
Rachel Sikwane is an executive in ENSafrica’s intellectual property (“IP”) department.
She specialises in providing strategic advice on commercial and transactional IP matters, including IP structuring and management, due diligence investigations and advising on and drafting commercial IP and licence agreements.
Rachel also advises clients on trade mark and copyright disputes, domain name as well as passing-off and unlawful competition matters. She is also experienced in anti-counterfeiting matters.
Rachel has acted for local, international and multinational clients, including start-ups and venture capitalists, as well as government departments and parastatals in, among others, the fast-moving consumer goods, retail, financial, technology and manufacturing industries.
She is an adjudicator on the domain name dispute panel of the South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law and has mentored legal education and development students on behalf of the Law Society of South Africa in relation to trade mark practice.
Rachel is a Certified Licensing Professional and a qualified trade mark practitioner. She has published articles on IP law in various publications distributed throughout South Africa and worldwide.
Rachel is a member of the following professional institutions:
- Certified Licensing Professionals, Inc
- Licensing Executives Society International
- South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law – fellow member, and member of the copyright law committee, the alternative dispute resolution committee, and the public affairs sub-committee
- LLB (University of Pretoria)
- Certificate in Advanced International Trade Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Qualified Trade Mark Practitioner
- Certified Licensing Professional