Raashmi Govender is an executive in the corporate commercial department. She specialises in M&A, private equity transactions, and JSE/regulatory matters. She also engages in trust and wills and estate matters.
She has acted for listed and unlisted, local and international clients in a range of industries including telecommunications, media, aviation, NPOs, trusts, and high-net worth individuals.
Raashmi’s experience includes advising clients on JSE listing requirements and regulatory matters, M&A, the Companies Act, 2008, private equity, corporate governance, insider trading, corporate restructures, as well as, trusts, wills, broad-based ownership schemes and due diligence investigations.
In addition, she is experienced in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and opinions, including transaction agreements, term sheets, circulars and prospectuses, trust deeds, MOIs, resolutions and due diligence reports.
Raashmi is recognised as a next generation lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017 – Commercial, Corporate and M&A (South Africa)
area of expertiseCORPORATE COMMERCIAL
- BCom (marketing and law) (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (with distinction) (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Advanced Company Law I (The Nelson Mandela Institute – University of the Witwatersrand)
- Advanced Company Law II (The Nelson Mandela Institute – University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa