mobile +27 83 680 2064
Pippa Reyburn is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Corporate Commercial department. She specialises in public procurement, public sector financial management, infrastructure projects (including public private partnerships), as well as structures of government, public sector corporate governance and transactions, and constitutional and administrative law. Some of Pippa’s other areas of experience include broad-based black economic empowerment, municipal law and medical schemes.
Pippa advises government clients, international development finance institutions and the private sector. Since 2010, Pippa has been one of the lead legal advisors to the South African government on its Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme and other independent power producer procurement programmes conducted by the Department of Energy.
Pippa has acted for corporate clients and the public sector on regulatory matters pertaining to energy, corporatisation, privatisation and restructuring, electronic communications, broadcasting and water, and has assisted a variety of African clients in applying for broadcasting, telecommunications service and electricity-related licences.
Pippa’s experience includes legislative drafting, the drafting and interpretation of procurement documentation and policies, and the resolution of procurement-related disputes. She is also a commissioner of the small claims court in Alexandra, South Africa.
She is the co-author of a chapter on public procurement in Constitutional Law of South Africa. She holds training workshops for various clients and young lawyers participating in the Black Lawyers Association’s Commercial Law Programme on the right of access to information, administrative justice, public sector law, as well as for financial institutions transacting with the public sector.
Pippa is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2020, 2019 – Public Law (South Africa)
- IFLR1000 Women Leaders 2019, 2018
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide (including Energy and Infrastructure) 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015 – Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Corporate (South Africa) and Administrative and Public Lawyer of the year for 2020
- Who’s Who Legal 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Government Contracts (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 – Public Procurement (South Africa)
- BA (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (cum laude) (University of Cape Town)
- LLM in Constitutional Law (University of Toronto)
- Admitted as an attorney and conveyancer of the High Court of South Africa