mobile +27 83 460 6474
Paul Winer is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Insolvency, Restructuring and Business Rescue department.
He has acted for local and international banks, listed companies, liquidators and business rescue practitioners and corporate clients on business rescue matters, company liquidations and commercial disputes.
Paul has advised on a number of high-profile corporate collapses and his expertise extends to banking litigation, informal and formal restructurings, fraud, cross-border litigation and disputes relating to trade finance and banking transactions. He also provides advice to business rescue practitioners on the preparation of business rescue plans and to liquidators on schemes of arrangement.
He has participated as a guest speaker at international and local insolvency conferences since 1993 and has lectured at several banks and universities.
Paul is a non-practising member of the South African Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners Association.
Paul is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2019, 2018, 2017 – Dispute Resolution; 2019 Restructuring/Insolvency; 2016, 2015 – Dispute Resolution (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2019, 2018, 2017 –Insolvency and Reorganisation (South Africa)
- Client Choice Awards 2019, 2015 – Insolvency and Restructuring (South Africa)
area of expertiseINSOLVENCY, RESTRUCTURING AND BUSINESS RESCUE
- B Juris (University of South Africa)
- Business Management Diploma (Institute of Business Management)
- CIS (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa (with right of appearance)