mobile +27 83 680 2095
Natalia Lopes is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Competition / Anti-Trust department. She specialises in all aspects of South African competition law, including advising on transaction structures, compliance training and audits, merger filing notifications, leniency applications and complaint proceedings involving cartel conduct, prohibited practices and abuse of dominance.
Natalia has also developed expertise in competition law in various African jurisdictions, including in the regional regulatory body COMESA, and has assessed and filed mergers with a multijurisdictional dimension on a co-ordinated basis in various African countries.
Natalia regularly contributes to both national and international publications and is a guest lecturer at the University of Pretoria.
She is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2016, 2015 – Competition/Antitrust (South Africa)
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Competition (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Competition/Anti-trust (South Africa)
- Euromoney Women in Business Law 2017 – Competition (South Africa)
- Euromoney Expert Guides – Guide to the World’s Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers 2016 – Competition (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2017 – Competition (South Africa)
- W@Competition 40 in their 40s 2019 – Notable Women Competition Professionals
area of expertiseCOMPETITION/ANTI-TRUST
- BCom (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa