Mohamed Sajid Darsot
mobile +27 82 495 7707
Mohamed Sajid Darsot is an Executive in ENSafrica’s corporate commercial practice and specialises in mergers and acquisitions (including cross-border), private equity and B-BBEE transactions, as well as corporate restructures.
Mohamed is an expert in broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE) advisory, structuring and implementing transactions across a wide variety of industries in accordance with the B-BBEE legislation.
Mohamed has acted for clients (including listed, unlisted and multinational firms) in a variety of sectors including the telecoms, mining, automotive, transport and logistics, fuels and energy, healthcare, and property development industries. Mohamed co-authored the South African Country Chapter on Corporate Governance in Getting the Deal Through - Corporate Governance (2011 and 2012 editions) and the South African country chapter on the first edition of the Private Equity Review (2012 edition).
He also co-authored the South African country chapter on Corporate M&A, Chambers Legal Practice Guides (2013 edition).
He is also a non-executive director of Melomed Hospital Holdings Limited, a Cape-based private hospital group.
Mohamed is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Mergers and Acquisitions (South Africa)
- BSocSc (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of the Western Cape)
- LLM (University of Cape Town)
- International Capital Markets Qualification (South African Institute of Financial Markets)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa