Lisa Melis is an executive at ENSafrica. Lisa is an admitted attorney with twelve years experience in the field of insolvency, business rescue, debt recovery and distressed restructuring. Her practice consists of both advisory work and litigation.
Lisa primarily act for banks, large corporates, business rescue practitioners and liquidators. Lisa’s fields of expertise include the following:
• Perfection of securities;
• Liquidation and sequestration applications;
• Extension of powers applications;
• Convening and running insolvency enquiries;
• Appearances at creditors’ meetings;
• Section 155 compromises;
• Business rescue applications and related advice;
• Opinion work and advice on directors’ duties and reckless trading;
• Debt recovery; and
• Informal distressed restructuring advice, legal support on workouts and turnarounds.
- BA (Stellenbosch University)
- LLB (Stellenbosch University)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Advanced short course in Business Rescue Practice (UNISA)