mobile +27 82 567 9072
Lawrence Helman is an executive in ENSafrica’s corporate commercial department. He specialises in inbound investment and Pan-African expansion, corporate legal advice, M&A and group restructuring.
His clients include major foreign corporations operating in South Africa and other parts of Africa across a range of industries including financial, retail, mining, industrial and service level.
His recent transaction experience includes the restructuring of one of South Africa’s largest listed retailers and the acquisition by Experian PLC of the Compuscan Group, both of which transactions were nominated for South African Dealmaker of the Year.
He has also advised major franchise groups on the establishment of franchise operations in South Africa and other parts of Africa.
Lawrence has been a councillor of the Cape Law Society, a member of the Council’s Finance Committee and a member of the Attorneys Fidelity Fund Board of Control.
Lawrence is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Best Lawyers® 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 – Corporate; 2017 – Corporate Lawyer of the Year; 2016 – Corporate (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2020, 2014 – Franchise (South Africa)
- Corporate LiveWire Legal Awards 2016 – Franchise Lawyer of the Year (South Africa)
area of expertiseCORPORATE COMMERCIAL
- BA (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- H Dip Company Law (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa