Lauren Petersen is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Project Development and Project Finance practice.
She specialises in energy related projects, project and infrastructure finance and public private partnerships.
She has advised banks on the financing relating to the construction of gas power plants in Tanzania and given advice on the various renewable energy projects in South Africa. She has also advised on a hydro power plant in Zimbabwe, a banana plantation project in Mozambique and a toll road project in Zambia.
International lenders have been advised by Lauren on the provision of financing in relation to the design, construction and commissioning of tunnels and related underground works for a pumped storage scheme in South Africa and on the provision of financing in relation to the design, construction, operation and maintenance of a power station.
Lauren’s experience includes advising on bank finance matters, drafting and reviewing of commercial agreements, opinion work, due diligence matters and regulatory compliance. While on secondment at a major financial institution, she was involved in assisting the negotiation and preparation of loan facility and other agreements, conducting legal research and drafting legal opinions, as well as providing advice on public procurement, public sector corporate governance and transactions, as well as all aspects of regulatory law in Africa.
Lauren is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 – Notable Practitioner (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2023, 2022, 2021, 2017 – Projects and Infrastructure (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 – Project Finance and Development Practice (South Africa)
area of expertisePROJECT DEVELOPMENT AND PROJECT FINANCE
- LLB (University of South Africa and University of the Western Cape)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa