Klaas Mphego is a Senior Associate at ENSafrica in the dispute resolution practice. He specialises in all aspects of commercial, corporate, and construction and engineering disputes (High Court, Supreme Court of Appeal and Constitutional Court) and Arbitrations.
Klaas has a Certificate of Right of Appearance in the High Court in terms of Section 25 (3) of Act no. 28 of 2014.
He has acted for various local and international clients in a variety of industries including mining, energy, building, construction and engineering, state owned entities, transport and consumer goods, hospitality.
Klaas’ experience includes assisting and advising clients, in respect of disputes or potential disputes in the following spheres:
- general commercial litigation.
- building and construction matters, including arbitrations and high court litigation relating thereto (with experience in FIDIC, NEC, JBCC and GCC contracts).
- all aspects of contractual disputes including trusts, leases, loans, suretyship, sale of goods and services, partnerships, joint ventures, possession, ownership.
- corporate law and governance, and advising on the Companies Act (including director and shareholder disputes, company takeovers, access to information matters).
- disputes related to tenders.
- administrative law.
- investigations by regulatory bodies.
- delictual and contractual disputes.
area of expertiseDISPUTE RESOLUTION
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Certificate in Construction and Engineering Law (The Mandela Institute – University of the Witwatersrand)
- Certificate Company Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa