mobile +27 82 853 4312
Kelle Gagné is an Executive in ENSafrica's Banking and Finance department. She specialises in cross-border structured finance transactions and regularly advises financial institutions on derivatives, securities lending and repo transactions, and related collateral issues. She has also worked on a range of securities regulatory, finance and insolvency matters in the US.
She has acted for local and international banks, asset managers and financial advisors in complex structured finance transactions. In addition, she has worked closely with the South African Securities Lending Association ("SASLA") and several securities lending industry participants on regulatory and other legal matters relating to securities lending and prime broking.
Kelle’s experience includes drafting and negotiating all aspects of International Swaps and Derivatives Association ("ISDA") documentation, the Global Master Securities Lending Agreement ("GMSLA") and the Global Master Repurchase Agreement (GMRA), as well as other structured finance related agreements.
She is co-author of SASLA’s South African law GMSLA schedules and the author of articles on the 2009 and 2010 version GMSLAs, US bankruptcy legislation effecting non-US companies, and overseas distressed debt markets. She has presented workshops on various aspects of derivatives and ISDA documentation, the new Companies Act as it may affect clients’ derivative and securities lending contracts and the giving of collateral security for derivative, securities lending and repo transactions.
Kelle is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Best Lawyers® 2019, 2018, 2017 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
area of expertiseBANKING AND FINANCE
- BA (Mount Holyoke College)
- LLB (University of South Africa)
- Juris Doctor (New York University School of Law)
- Attorney admitted to practice in New York and Massachusetts, USA
- Attorney admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, USA
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa