mobile +27 82 853 4312
Kelle Gagné is an executive in ENSafrica's banking and finance department. She specialises in cross-border structured and margin finance, and regularly advises financial institutions and buy-side clients on derivative, securities lending and repo transactions, and related regulatory and collateral issues.
She has worked closely with the South African Securities Lending Association ("SASLA") and several securities lending industry participants on regulatory and other legal matters relating to securities lending and prime broking. She is currently working with colleagues in ENSafrica’s African offices on legislative change and regulatory matters facilitating netting under International Swaps and Derivatives Association ("ISDA") documentation, the Global Master Securities Lending Agreement ("GMSLA") and the Global Master Repurchase Agreement (“GMRA”).
Kelly is co-author of SASLA’s South African law GMSLA schedules and the author of articles on South Africa’s OTC derivatives regulation. She has presented workshops and participated in panel discussions on various regulatory developments in South African capital markets.
Kelle’s transactional experience includes drafting and negotiating all aspects of ISDA, GMSLA and GMRA documents, as well as other structured finance related agreements, loan agreements, margin financing agreements and structured product documentation.
Kelle is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Best Lawyers® 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
area of expertiseBANKING AND FINANCE
- BA (Mount Holyoke College)
- LLB (University of South Africa)
- Juris Doctor (New York University School of Law)
- Attorney admitted to practice in New York and Massachusetts, USA
- Attorney admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, USA
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa