mobile +27 83 387 4456
Julia Ferraz-Cardoso is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Dispute Resolution department.
Julia has specialised in litigation from the start of her professional career, initially focusing on high end insurance litigation. Her practice diversified early on however to include mining law litigation, tax litigation, gaming and related litigation, administrative law and, in particular, general commercial litigation.
Julia acts nationally for a range of predominantly corporate clients, including private equity institutions, medical aid schemes, retailers, banks, state departments and parastatals, local and foreign mining entities, developers, international caterers, healthcare institutions, pension funds, insurers, engineering clients, clients operating within various sectors of the food industry, bookmakers and casinos, and international corporate clients including clients from the United Kingdom, the Republic of Korea, Brazil, Mozambique and China.
She is fluent in English, Afrikaans and Portuguese.
Julia is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Litigation; 2020, 2019 - Insurance (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2020, 2018 – Dispute Resolution (South Africa)
- BA (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa