mobile +27 83 680 5830
John Ferraz is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Project Development and Project Finance practice.
He specialises in providing municipal law regulatory advice, as well as dealing with assessments, agreements, ring fencing and status quo investigations. He has experience in matters involving service delivery mechanisms services such as electricity, waste management, water, airports, fresh produce markets and solar heating, as well as fire services such as the structuring and establishment of related entities. He has extensive experience in dealing with aspects of rail and road transportation such as the regulation of agreements relating to coal, manganese, iron ore, minerals and other commodities as well as commuter transportation, concession and fleet service agreements.
John further specialises in electricity and renewable energy group restructuring as well as infrastructure, establishment, regulations and commercial agreements, as well as gas and petroleum projects – including gas and petroleum regulation, purchase agreements, transportation arrangements, EPC contracts and chemical and other product supply agreements. He also has experience in public private partnerships, public sector law, and public finance management.
He has acted for clients such as the Department of Mineral Resources, the Central Energy Fund and the Department of Trade and Industry. He has also acted for new entrants to the gas supply industry, electricity providers in and around South Africa, governments, cities and municipalities.
John’s experience includes company law, M&A, corporate finance, corporate governance as well as due diligence.
John is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Projects and Infrastructure - Recommended / Key Lawyer (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 – Project Finance and Development Practice (South Africa)
- BA (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Higher Diploma in Company Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa