mobile +27 83 447 4488
Joe Mothibi is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Employment department. He specialises in employment litigation, as well as in individual, collective and general employment law.
In his over 20 years of experience, Joe has garnered a loyal South African and international client base in a number of industries, including the mining, transport, manufacturing, health care, energy, telecommunications, information technology and gaming industries.
Joe’s expertise includes all aspects of contentious, transactional and advisory employment matters, ranging from business reorganisations, business transfers, board reorganisations and senior executive terminations to drafting employment contracts for senior executives and other employees, and drafting tailored human resources policies. Further, he has assisted clients in resolving seemingly intractable, unlawful and sometimes violent strikes.
Joe’s labour litigation experience includes representing clients in various tribunals, including the South African Labour Court and Labour Appeal Court. He has also previously been appointed as an acting judge of the Labour Court.
Joe is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Employment (South Africa)
- Legal 500 EMEA 2021, 2018, 2017 – Employment - Recommended / Key Lawyer (South Africa)
area of expertiseEMPLOYMENT
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- BA (Journalism and Industrial Sociology) (Rhodes University)
- Certificate in Insolvency Law (University of Pretoria)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa