mobile +27 76 918 3556
James Haydock is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Dispute Resolution department.
Recent matters in which James has been involved include where he:
- acted for a JSE-listed company in relation to the disputed awarding of a tender (case succeeded in the High Court)
- acted for a mining company in relation to a dispute over the interpretation of a contract (case succeeded both at the arbitration stage and on review to the High Court)
- acted for an industry regulator to obtain an Anton Pillar order to prevent the possible destruction of evidence (case succeeded in the High Court)
- acted for a number of blue-chip companies in a variety of contractual disputes heard both in the courts and by way of private arbitrations
He is an accredited mediator (since 2013), and has a strong focus on finding innovative resolutions to matters wherever possible, in addition to litigating where necessary.
James is also admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, where he worked between 2001 and 2006 at the Insolvency Service, the Companies Investigation Branch (of the UK Department of Trade & Industry) and at a private law firm.
He is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Best Lawyers® 2017, 2016 – Litigation (South Africa)
area of expertiseDISPUTE RESOLUTION
- LLB (Rhodes University)
- BA (Reading University, England)
- Diploma in Sports Management (London Business & Management School)
- Commercial Mediation Accreditation Programme (Africa Centre for Dispute Settlement)
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales