Ilse du Plessis
mobile +27 82 411 7547
Ilse du Plessis is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Intellectual Property (“IP”) department. She specialises in trade marks, copyright, and other IP matters.
She has acted for local and international clients from various sectors, including automotive, communication, financial services, food and beverages, insurance, media, retail and sport.
Ilse’s experience includes all matters concerned with trade mark portfolio management, including trade mark searches, filings, maintenance and audits, with particular emphasis on foreign and African trade marks. She also specialises in transactional IP matters, including due diligence investigations, licensing and transfers, as well as plant breeders’ rights and copyright matters.
Ilse is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2020, 2019, 2017, 2016 – Intellectual Property (South Africa)
- Managing IP: IP Stars Handbooks 2019, 2016 – Trade marks (South Africa)
- World Trade Mark Review 2019 – Prosecution and strategy (South Africa)
Ilse is a member of the following IP associations:
- LES – Licensing Executives Society
- INTA – International Trademarks Association - Publications Committee (2012 – 2014), Bulletin Committee (2011)
- SAIIPL–South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law – associate member
- PTMG – The Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group
area of expertiseINTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP)
- BA (cum laude) (Stellenbosch University)
- LLB (cum laude) (Stellenbosch University)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa