mobile +27 82 777 9199
Hermann Wessels is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Banking and Finance department. He specialises in capital markets, structured finance, swaps and derivatives, financial regulation and alternative investment strategies.
He has acted for banks, a diverse range of corporate and commercial clients and the public sector in the local and international arena.
Hermann’s experience in respect of capital markets, include debt funding, preference shares, hybrid debt and asset and cash flow based financing transactions. He also has practice experience in the design and implementation of structured finance transactions, the negotiation and documentation of swaps and derivatives transactions, including transactions concluded under ISDA, GMSLA, and GMRA master agreements. He is experienced in alternative investment strategies, such as the establishment of hedge funds and private equity funds. He also advises on the South African financial regulatory field, in particular in relation to collective investment schemes, financial advisory and intermediate services, investment management, banking and company law.
Hermann is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017, 2016 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
- Who’s Who 2018 – Banking (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2019, 2018 – Banking and Finance, Structured Finance; 2017, 2016 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
- BA (Honours) (First Class) (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- MA (cum laude) (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa