mobile +27 83 501 1495
Helyn Herholdt is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Corporate Commercial department. She specialises in company law, Johannesburg Stock Exchange Listings Requirements and corporate restructurings.
Helyn’s experience includes advising on various aspects of the South African Companies Act, 2008, as well as advising developers and B-BBEE shareholders in the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme on their corporate arrangements in compliance with the relevant legal documentation.
In addition, she is also experienced in drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documentation, including corporate and commercial agreements, memoranda of incorporation, licence agreements, circulars and pre-listing statements, trust documentation, delegations of authority, board charters and board committee terms of reference and resolutions of directors and shareholders.
Helyn also has expertise in local and cross-border M&A and other commercial transactions, conducting due diligence investigations and advising on employee share incentive schemes.
Helyn is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Corporate (South Africa)
area of expertiseCORPORATE COMMERCIAL
- BA (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- LLB (Dean’s Commendation) University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- Certificate in Advanced Company Law I (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Certificate of Advanced Company Law II (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Master’s Certificate in Banking and Finance Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Formerly Registered as a Securities, Futures and Derivatives Representative (Financial Services Authority, UK)