mobile +27 82 708 0178
Gerhardt Ehlers is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Mine and Occupational Health and Safety department.
Gerhardt has advised and acted for multinational mining houses, as well as salient engineering, construction and manufacturing firms. He has personally appeared and assisted in a number of accident investigations and accident inquiries following major accidents. Gerhardt’s expertise extends to rendering mine and occupational health and safety regulatory advice, conducting due diligences, the preparation of legally required appointment letters, as well as the management of legal registers.
Gerhardt’s expertise extends to conducting mine and occupational health and safety due diligences, the management of legal registers, as well as the preparation of various commercial agreements (such as service level agreements, FIDIC agreements, lease agreements and sale agreements within the mining and manufacturing industries).
Gerhardt is recognised as a next generation lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017 – Mining (South Africa)
area of expertiseMINE AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- LLB (University of Pretoria)
- Certificate in International Take-overs and Re-organisations (University of Pretoria)
- Certificate in Advanced Corporate Law and Securities Law (University of South Africa)
- Certificate in Competition Law (University of Pretoria)
- Management Development Programme Certificate (University of Pretoria)
- Certificate in Prospecting and Mining Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa