Gerard du Toit
mobile +27 82 885 3337
Gerard du Toit is a senior associate in ENSafrica’s intellectual property (“IP”) department, specialising in trade mark prosecution.
Gerard has acted for clients in a variety of industries, including fast-moving consumer goods, tobacco, luxury goods, wine and beverages, and pharmaceuticals.
Gerard’s experience includes all matters concerned with trade mark portfolio management, including trade mark searches, filings, maintenance and audits.
In addition, his expertise includes advising on trade mark litigation and dispute resolution relating to IP rights, including trade mark infringement, passing-off, trade mark oppositions, copyright litigation, franchising and licensing disputes, corporate name and domain name objections and Advertising Standards Authority complaints.
Gerard is a member of the following professional institution:
- SAIIPL – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law – fellow member
- BCom (Stellenbosch University)
- LLB (Stellenbosch University)
- LLM (University of South Africa)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa