mobile +27 83 258 8832
Fritz Malan is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Employment practice. He specialises in integrated employment solutions and global mobility. Fritz advises corporate clients on all aspects of employment law and industrial relations, and appears in the South African Labour Court and in labour arbitrations. Fritz has advised clients in relation to employment law issues in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Malawi, Angola and Mauritius.
Fritz’s experience includes advising on collective issues at a strategic and practical level and assists clients in handling collective disputes. He has experience in the employment aspects of M&A, commercial due diligence investigations, administrative law, and in the drafting of a range of employment agreements, including collective agreements. Fritz also specialises in professional misconduct cases as well as sports law related employment issues.
He is the author of articles that have appeared in the press, and has contributed to Labour Law for Managers: A Practical Handbook. He presents at in-house seminars and training courses for clients, as well as at public seminars/conferences.
Fritz is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Employment (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Labour and Employment - Recommended / Key Lawyer (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Labour and Employment, Employee Benefits; 2016 – Labour and Employment (South Africa)
area of expertiseEMPLOYMENT
- BA (Stellenbosch University)
- LLB (Stellenbosch University)
- Diploma in Advanced Corporate Law and Securities (University of South Africa)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa