mobile +250 788 45 45 37
Fred Byabagabo is a Partner at ENSafrica in Rwanda. He specialises in business and corporate law matters.
He is an advocate with the Rwanda Bar Association and a member of the East African Law Society.
His expertise spans across various areas, including mergers and acquisitions, drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, corporate law matters, TMT, banking and finance, employment law issues and commercial disputes resolution.
He sits on the board of various companies, and is a respected practitioner by his clients in the business law space. He has worked on many complex and significant matters with domestic and cross-border aspects. His recent experience includes assisting clients (both local and foreign) in financing transactions (both debt and equity), advising on corporate reorganization, advising and assisting on M&A deals and post-transaction restructuring, drafting and negotiation of various complex commercial contracts, handling various employment matters, advising and representing clients in arbitration, adjudication and mediation proceedings, advising on various corporate law matters, etc.
Prior to joining ENSafrica, Fred has lectured at various universities in Rwanda.
He is fluent in English, French, Swahili and Kinyarwanda.
Fred is recognised as a recommended/leading lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 “Associates to Watch” – General Business Law (Rwanda)
area of expertiseCORPORATE COMMERCIAL
- LLB (National University of Rwanda)
- LLM (University of Groningen – the Netherlands)
- Certificate in Human Rights (University of Utrecht - the Netherlands), (Leuven University - Belgium)
- Certificate in Legal Practice (Institute of Legal Practice and Development – Rwanda)
- Certificate on Competition Law under COMESA Framework (COMESA Competition Commission)
- Certificate on General course on Intellectual Property (World Intellectual Property Organization –WIPO)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of Rwanda