mobile +27 82 560 1386
Edwin Berman is a Senior Associate in ENSafrica’s Natural Resources and Environment department.
Edwin’s experience includes advising clients on all areas of compliance with the South African Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002, as well as on the mining law aspects of M&A transactions, project development, resource finance, surface and land use arrangements and mining law disputes.
As an admitted notary public, Edwin has experience in attending to the notarial execution, transfer and amendment of prospecting rights and mining rights granted in terms of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act.
area of expertiseNATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
- BCom (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (cum laude) (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Certificate in Mining Tax Law (The Mandela Institute – University of the Witwatersrand)
- Certificate in Prospecting and Mining Law (The Mandela Institute – University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney and notary public of the High Court of South Africa