mobile +27 82 562 9681
Edward James is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Forensics department. He specialises in investigations into fraud, bribery and corruption, corporate espionage, workplace misconduct, insider trading and other corporate malfeasance.
Edward has a background in litigation, and has conducted various investigations and provided forensic advice and support to clients across a broad range of industries in multiple jurisdictions. These include South Africa, Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Uganda and Mozambique.
His experience includes advising clients on specific issues that arise during investigations, such as the potential criminal and civil liability of the juristic entities concerned.
Edward also advises clients extensively on a wide range of compliance related issues, including anti-bribery and corruption policies, due diligence and compliance, business ethics, fraud detection and prevention, economic and financial sanctions, and anti-money laundering.
Edward was awarded the Philip Friedland Prize and the President’s Award for obtaining the highest marks in the attorney admission exams under the Law Society of the Northern Provinces in 2008/2009.
Edward is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2020 – Corporate Investigations (South Africa)
area of expertiseFORENSICS
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- MBA (Academic Excellence Award and placed in top three students) (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales