mobile +255 78 478 4949
Dr Alex Thomas Nguluma is a partner at ENSafrica in Tanzania. He specialises in tax and corporate consultancy, tax and commercial litigation, commercial arbitration, liquidations and receiverships.
He has acted for clients in a number of industries, including the mining, telecommunications (interconnection), banking, manufacturing and insurance industries.
Alex is also an expert on legislative and regulatory review matters, having advised companies in respect of gas-to-electricity projects, cement manufacturing, tobacco, telecommunications, insurance and agriculture.
In addition, Alex has participated in many high-level negotiations for foreign investors, local businessmen, government and public corporations.
He previously lectured in the law faculty at the University of Dar es Salaam, and has been involved in drafting and reviewing key Tanzanian legislation.
Alex is a member of the following professional associations:
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East African Law Society
Alex is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate Guide (including Energy and Infrastructure) 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded (Tanzania)
- Chambers Global Guide 2018, 2017, 2016 – General Business Law; General Business Law: Dispute Resolution (Tanzania)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018, 2017, 2016 – Legal Market Overview (Tanzania)
- LLB (Hons) (University of Dar es Salaam)
- LLM (University of Dar es Salaam)
- PhD (University of Warwick and University of Dar es Salaam)