mobile +27 82 770 8913
Dion Masher is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Employment department and specialises in extensive aspects of employment law, occupational health and safety law and the resolution of labour disputes such as collective bargaining disputes, industrial action, unfair discrimination, dismissals, unfair labour practices and restraint of trade.
Dion has acted for a number of industry leaders in the automotive, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, construction and engineering, distribution and logistics, mining and energy, power and infrastructure, medical devices and manufacturing industries.
His experience includes providing advice on collective bargaining and strike management, restructuring, outsourcing and re-organisation of the workplace, employment issues in mergers and acquisitions, employment related tax issues, employment equity as well as the interpretation and application of employment statutes. Dion has also advised on Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment, employment and pensions, health and safety, and the transfer of employees in mergers and acquisitions and outsourcing.
He has also conducted investigations, enquiries and inquests in occupational health and safety matters, particularly in the mining industry and the resolution of disputes in the CCMA, Labour Court and Labour Appeal Court.
Dion has acted as a Judge in the Labour Court and is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Employment (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019, 2018 – Labour and Employment, Employee Benefits; 2017 – Labour and Employment Lawyer of the Year; Labour and Employment; 2020, 2016 – Labour and Employment (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Labour and Employment (South Africa)
area of expertiseEMPLOYMENT
- BProc (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- HDip Labour Law (University of Johannesburg)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa