mobile +27 82 770 8913
Dion Masher is an Executive and Head of the Employment practice at ENSafrica. Dion has acted in the private sector for a number of industry leaders in the automotive, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, construction and engineering, distribution and logistics, mining and energy, power and infrastructure, medical devices and manufacturing industries. He has also done extensive work in the public sector where he has acted for various government departments, Eskom, PSCBC, GPSSBC, GTEC and the South African Reserve bank.
He has extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters including, restructuring, outsourcing, re-organisation of the workplace, employment issues in mergers and acquisitions, transfer and sale of business and section 197 transfers, employment equity, administrative law, retirement fund and pension fund issues, collective bargaining, strikes, strike management, discrimination, restraint of trade and the interpretation and application of employment statutes.
Dion appears for and represents employers in disputes at the CCMA, Labour Court, Labour Appeal Court and the Constitutional Court
Dion has acted as a Judge in the Labour Court and is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Employment (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 – Labour and Employment, Employee Benefits, Labour and Employment (Lawyer of the Year (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Labour and Employment - Recommended / Key Lawyer (South Africa)
- BProc (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- HDip Labour Law (University of Johannesburg)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa