mobile +27 82 787 9639
Derushka Chetty is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Competition / Anti-Trust department. She specialises in advising on transaction structures, the compilation of merger notifications, abuse of dominance issues and prohibited practices.
She has advised clients in relation to the corporate leniency regime as applied by the South African competition authorities, and has assisted in the preventative aspects of competition law by performing audits on companies. She has acted for various companies (both local and international) in, inter alia, the corporate, mining, pharmaceutical, insurance and financial services sectors.
Derushka has filed merger notifications in Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia, Swaziland, Malawi, Zimbabwe and Brazil, and has also provided merger control advice in respect of various African jurisdictions including COMESA, and Nigeria.
She is a contributing editor for the Butterworth’s Competition Law Reports and has written competition law related articles for Business Law and Tax Review, and for Without Prejudice.
Derushka is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2020, 2019, 2018 “Up and Coming” – Competition/Anti-Trust (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 – Competition (South Africa)
- Who’s Who Legal 2019 (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2020, 2019 - Competition (South Africa)
area of expertiseCOMPETITION/ANTI-TRUST
- BA (University of the Witwatersrand)
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa