Carlyn Frittelli Davies
mobile +27 82 787 9830
Carlyn Frittelli Davies is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Natural Resources and Environment department. She specialises in environmental and mining law, in particular, on the regulatory aspects of the establishment, closure and rehabilitation of mines.
Her expertise also includes advising on environmentally-related authorisations, appeals and reviews, administrative and criminal proceedings and environmental indemnities and warranties in relation to commercial agreements.
Carlyn has acted for clients in the industrial, energy, waste management and mining industries affected by environmental and mining legislation.
Her experience includes conducting environmental and mining due diligence investigations, the execution of mining and prospecting rights, preparation of legal registers, environmental litigation, liaison with government officials in administrative and criminal proceedings, mineral resource regulatory advice, and advising on environmental regulation and rehabilitation.
Carlyn has assisted with the drafting of the South African country chapter in the PLC Cross-Border Environment Handbook 2010, and is a member of the Environmental Law Association of South Africa.
She is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Who’s Who Legal 2019, 2018, 2017 – Mining (South Africa)
- Chambers Global Guide 2021, 2020, 2019 - Environment (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2021, 2020 – Environmental Law (South Africa)
- LLB (cum laude) (University of Pretoria)
- Postgraduate diploma in environmental law (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney and as notary of the High Court of South Africa