mobile +27 82 461 5917
Aslam Moosajee is an Executive in ENSafrica’s dispute resolution practice.
He specialises in commercial and financial litigation, as well as constitutional and administrative law, arbitrations and mediations. He has advised clients across a wide range of industries including financial services, telecommunications, education and media. He also advises State-owned entities in regard to dispute resolution.
Aslam’s experience includes advising and representing clients in a number of significant disputes, including those relating to the South African National Credit Act, 2005, the Companies Act and termination of banker customer relationships. He also specialises in giving advice in regard to defamation matters. He has been involved in a number of high profile mandates and precedent-setting cases.
Aslam is ranked as a leading/recommended lawyer by the following publications:
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 – Dispute Resolution (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 – Dispute Resolution (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 – Litigation (South Africa); 2023, 2021 - Litigation Lawyer of the Year (South Africa)
- The 2018 – 2021 Acritas Stars Database and Report
area of expertiseDISPUTE RESOLUTION
- BCom (University of Durban Westville)
- LLB (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Diploma in Insolvency Law (University of Johannesburg)
- Certificate in Competition Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Advanced Short Course in Business Rescue Practice (University of South Africa)
- Emerging Leaders in Law Firms Programme (Harvard Law School)
- Accredited Mediator (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa