mobile +27 82 443 3056
Armando Aguiar is an Executive in ENSafrica’s Dispute Resolution practice. He specialises in general commercial dispute resolution, and construction and engineering law, including the drafting of contracts (such as FIDIC, NEC, JBCC and GCC), claims and dispute resolution.
Armando’s experience includes advising clients on contract-based commercial litigation, both locally and internationally, as well as on varied commercial litigation. He has acted for a number of major construction companies, national governments, parastatal entities and various listed multinational companies.
Armando is a director and fellow of the Association of Arbitrators (Southern Africa), a fellow of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa, and is a CEDR-accredited mediator. He has been appointed as an adjudicator and arbitrator in a number of construction disputes.
Armando is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019,2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Construction (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Litigation/Dispute Resolution and Construction - Recommended (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, 2020, 2019 – Construction - Leading Individual (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2023, 2022, 2021, 2019, 2017 – Construction (South Africa); 2023 – Litigation; 2022 -Construction Law Lawyer of the Year (South Africa)
- BA (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney and conveyancer of the High Court of South Africa