Andries Myburgh is an Executive at ENSafrica in the Tax department, and specialises in corporate and international corporate tax consulting and tax dispute resolution assistance.
Andries’ experience includes advising companies (across various industries) on the tax implications applicable to a broad range of transactions, including merger and acquisition transactions (tax due diligence investigations and tax-efficient transaction structuring advice), management share incentive schemes, Employee Share Ownership Plans (ESOP), Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) transactions, private equity transactions, financing/funding arrangements and corporate restructures.
Andries also has extensive industry experience in the mining sector, where he consults regularly to mining companies on a various range of domestic and international corporate tax, mining tax and mineral royalty-related matters.
From a tax dispute resolution perspective, Andries assists companies in responding to SARS audits/investigations, preparing and lodging objections and appeals, alternative tax dispute resolution and tax court matters.
Prior to joining ENSafrica in 2013, Andries was a tax partner in the tax & legal practice of KPMG where he held the positions of the head of corporate tax and the head of energy and natural resources tax.
Andries has authored articles for and has been quoted by numerous tax-related issues in publications including Mining Weekly, Mining Review Africa, Financial Mail and Business Day.
Andries is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2021, 2020, 2019 - Tax - Recommended (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2021, 2020 – Tax (South Africa)
- Chambers Global Guide 2021 - Tax
- World Tax Review – General Corporate Tax and Tax Controversy 2022 (South Africa)
area of expertiseTAX
- BCom (Law) (North-West University)
- LLB (North-West University)
- MCom (South African and International Tax) (University of Johannesburg)
- Certificate in Value-added Tax (University of South Africa)
- Certificate Course in Prospecting and Mining Law (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Advanced Diploma in Tax Procedural Law (The Thomas Jefferson School of Law)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa (with right of appearance)
- Registered Tax Practitioner