mobile +27 82 441 7871
Leonard Katz is an executive in and head of ENSafrica’s insolvency, business rescue and debt recovery department. He specialises in recoveries for institutional and corporate clients and advises on debt restructuring and business recovery, debt recovery and the enforcement of securities, as well as conducting audits of clients' securities.
Leonard has acted for banks and bank consortiums, and has represented liquidators and corporate clients in forensic investigations and formal inquiries convened in terms of both the South African Companies Act, 2008 and the Insolvency Act, 1936.
His experience includes a range of insolvency-related court proceedings such as urgent applications for the perfection of securities, liquidations and sequestrations, as well as applications on behalf of liquidators for leave to borrow funds, institute proceedings and sell assets.
Leonard has assisted with large corporate collapses, and has extensive experience in cross-border work, having litigated in a number of jurisdictions.
Leonard is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2018, 2017 “Eminent Practitioner” Restructuring/Insolvency (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2018 – Insolvency and Reorganisation; 2017 – Insolvency and Reorganisation Lawyer of the Year; 2016 – Insolvency and Reorganisation (South Africa)
- BProc (University of Cape Town)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- Admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa (with right of appearance)