Andrew Bembridge is an Executive and Head of ENSafrica’s Real Estate / Property department.
He has acted for a number of notable mining companies, banks and property development companies.
Andrew has been involved in many major property transactions throughout Africa. His experience encompasses developments such as township proclamations, land use applications, water projects and environmental and heritage applications. Andrew’s experience further extends to extensive commercial property transactions, involving immovable and movable property, the drafting of intricate agreements and the implementation of the transactions arising out of those agreements.
He also has extensive experience in the land rights and restitution laws of South Africa, assisting both land owners and communities and has served as a member of the Johannesburg Attorneys Association Property Law Committee.
Andrew is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- Chambers Global Guide 2021, 2020, 2019,2018, 2017 – Real Estate (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 – Real Estate - 2020, 2019 Lawyer of the year (South Africa)
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2021, 2020, 2019,2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Real Estate - leading individual (South Africa)
- BCom (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- LLB (University of Cape Town)
- HDip Tax (University of the Witwatersrand)
- Admitted as an attorney, conveyancer and notary public of the High Court of South Africa